I’d like to mention that I’m very flattered with all the fanart I’ve seen of the Seed Eater. I’ll have you know that I keep a directory on my computer of every image I find.
It’s very interesting to see the degree of variance in peoples’ interpretation of the design of the creature. Of course, you can see in some of the past posts here what the Seed Eater is intended to look like - but it helps out in showing how vague I’ve been with its descriptions.
Here’s an update, folks:
- Spools Project development has not progressed, unfortunately. It’s a distant thing at the moment.
- Minor title change to Seed Eater novel. It will be called In the Devil’s Playground and will be ~15 chapters long. I’ve been spending a good percentage of my time recently writing it.
So there’s this kid who’s been doing… something with the Seed Eater videos. Not quite sure if its meant to be parody or remaking it or something.
I’m currently focused on some world-building for The Spools Project. I’ve also been writing a short story to go along with it. Unfortunately, with the end-of-semester being very busy, there’s no real telling when the ARG will actually begin. I am shooting for at least some kind of related material to be released for Fall/Winter 2012.
odetotriviality asked: update the seedeater bloooooooooooooooooooooog
We very much hit a dead end in things. We’ve been busy with end of year stuff and university prep. Sorry.
THE SPOOLS PROJECT AND SEED EATER UPDATES(ISH)
Some more, clearer info about TSP:
- We do not have a definitive release date for it.
- There could likely be canonized written pieces a la The Final Photos of Todd Cade, The Master of the Trees, and The Devil’s Playground for SEE.
- Plot details are still in the process of being ironed out. This will be better planned than SEE.
And some stuff for SEE:
- We hope to continue with Cliff’s vlog until a closing point.
- There will be a definitive closing point.
- After said closing point, The Devil’s Playground will be released.
- If we really feel like it, we will revisit the series (and I have a feeling we will).
ANOTHER SEED EATER UPDATE
Following The Master of the Trees, I can confirm at least one more official Seed Eater written piece:
- It is likely to be novella-to-novel size in length
- It will be set in Brightmount Downs, September of 1992 (a prequel).
- Most, if not all, questions remaining in the ARG will be answered
- The story, told in third-person omniscient POV, will mainly focus on a group of children.
- It will be called The Devil’s Playground